We had been offline since Sunday. I gave up trying to fix it by checking cable connections and restarting the cable modem and called in the problem Monday afternoon, arranging for a ComCast technician to come over Tuesday. He finally figured out that the problem was "at the street" not in the house, and said "someone from maintenance" would be over within 24 hours to fix it.
Wednesday evening we called ComCast Maintenance to ask why no one had fixed it yet, and they said it would take up to a week (very complicated, lots of testing). I called ComCast Customer Service, and she said it should be fixed within a day--and she'd call me back as soon as she knew exactly when. Half an hour later she called back to say it would take up to ten days to fix it. When pressed about why it would take so long, she finally admitted the problem was that they had a backlog of maintenance work and it would take that long to get to me. I suggested they should employ more maintenance people, and she got snippy and said she didn't want to argue with me.
Late today, surprisingly, it's been fixed. I guess we got moved up in the queue by complaining. Lesson learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment